We schedule services based on a number of variables, including the weather, the product(s) used, geographic location, and other factors our technicians view as optimal for your property. Generally, we visit your property every 4 to 6 weeks.
The answer to this question will be different for each property owner depending upon a number of factors, including how shaded the lawn is. Generally, we recommend watering every OTHER day early in the morning at around 5 a.m. for 15-30 minutes in each zone. As the temperatures increase, we recommend extending the watering time, as needed. If it rains a lot, we recommend reducing your watering time accordingly.
Generally, your grass will benefit more from being mowed at a height of 3 ½ inches. When taller, the grass is able to send roots deeper and retain more water--and also to crowd out weeds. In the summer, taller heights are acceptable--especially when temps are very hot and/or the grass is subjected to direct sunlight. During the hottest weather and/or for sections of lawn in direct sunlight all day, you should be cutting your grass to taller heights (e.g., 4 and 5 inches).
During each visit, in addition to each of the specific requirements of your lawn application, our skilled and knowledgeable technicians will:
- Arrive at your property and conduct themselves in a professional manner and answer any questions you may have about your program.
- Clean up all treated areas of your property, including blowing and removing product from your walkways, porches, driveways, and pool areas.
- Provide you with a detailed and comprehensive summary of the services performed that day.
- Make relevant recommendations for other treatment and/or care, including but not limited to mowing heights and watering times and frequency.
Yes, we offer two discounts.
- Prepayment Discount: You can save 10% on all services for which you pay in advance.
- Referral Discount: A $25 account credit for each customer referral who receives services for a full season.
All lawns have fungus - which is not a plant. Different types of fungus, such as red thread, are seasonal and different factors encourage their spread.
YOU can limit this spread by following our mowing and watering instructions, and especially by keeping the grass length high and discarding cut grass with fungus on it after mowing (i.e., bagging the grass). We also recommend spraying your mower blades with peroxide or alcohol after each mowing, as well.